teeming with teese chile rellenos Recipe
- 1/4 cup Teese Cheddar Vegan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Teese Mozzarella Vegan Cheese, grated
- 4 poblano peppers, roasted and skin removed
- 3 blue Peruvian potatoes [can substitute red potatoes], small dice
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 1/2 chayote squash, small dice
- 1 onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 nopalito, spines removed and grilled, diced
- 1/4 of a pineapple, grilled and diced [I cut half a pineapple into wedges and grilled them beside the nopalito. I then kept back 2 wedges of pineapple for garnish; they are so delicious grilled.]
- wooden skewers
- vegetable oil for frying [You want the oil around 350-360 degrees.]
- 8 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 bottle vegan beer
- Whisk beer into flour until well combined
- Sauté the onion and garlic until softened and slightly carmelized, set aside.
- In same pan, sauté the potatoes and carrot for about 10 minutes and then add in the chayote and sauté until all the vegetables have softened. Add in the grilled nopalito and pineapple. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the poblanos once to create an opening and gingerly remove the seeds, taking care to keep the pepper intact. Insert filling into the pepper with a small amount of the mole and add 1/4 of the cheese [Cheddar and Mozzarella combined]. Close the pepper and stitch together with a wooden skewer. Repeat until all peppers are filled.
- Dredge in flour and gently knock off excess. Dip into batter and immediately place into heated oil to fry. Fry until golden brown, remove, and drain on paper towels.