About Chicago Vegan Foods
- Environmental responsibility
- Commitment to customers (service, quality, trust)
Our promise to you is to make delicious cruelty-free food products with taste and texture similar to their animal-based counterparts.
Chicago Vegan Foods started in the winter of 2002 in Ryan Howard's FDA-approved basement. During this period, it was a weekend hobby for Ryan and co-founder Dan Ziegler. It wasn't until 2004 with the launch of Temptation Vegan Ice Cream that the business really took off. Temptation was simply the best-tasting non-dairy ice cream on the market, and, in our humble opinion, it continues to be the best to this day. Growth was fast and Ryan's basement was small. We moved into our current facility in 2005 and have never stopped growing. With the launch of Teese Vegan Cheese in 2008 and Dandies Vegan Marshmallows in 2009, Chicago Vegan Foods continues to make some of the most innovative and best-tasting vegan products on the market. And that's not just us tooting our own horn; we've received some awards and recognition along the way.
Awards for Chicago Vegan Foods and our products
- Innovate Illinois Award 2006
- 2007 Peta2 Libby Award for Temptation Vegan Ice Cream
- VegNews Magazine Company of the Year 2008
- 2009 Peta2 Libby Award for Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- "Best New Product" at Natural Products Expo West in 2009 for Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- VegNews Magazine Natural Products Expo West Best of Show 2009 for Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- Favorite Marshmallow from VegNews Magazine readers
Dedicated Production Facility
Chicago Vegan Foods manufactures all of our own products in our own facility using an entirely vegan staff. Most food companies contract others to produce products for them, making it very difficult to completely eliminate the possibility of cross contamination. Dairy products, animal products, tree nuts, and peanuts never even enter our facility, giving our vegan and allergy-sensitive customers peace of mind.
We operate in our own independent manufacturing facility, giving us ultimate control over what ingredients come into contact with our products. We can say with certainty and conviction that there will never be dairy, eggs, shellfish, tree nuts, or peanuts in our plant.
- All energy used in our facility is offset with green energy credits
- 80% of our waste is recycled
- When possible, we always buy locally made and produced ingredients, equipment, and supplies
- All ingredients are all natural, not processed with chemicals, and locally produced when possible